1. VOA英语学习网
  2. 设首页|英语四级|英语六级|英语日记|英文自我介绍|英语话剧剧本
  3. 打包下载 | VOA打包 | BBC打包 | 日语 韩语
  4. 手机版
  1. 英语学习网站推荐
  2. 剑桥英语考试认证
  3. 外教口语面对面课程

The english we speak(BBC教学)第111期:Bubbly 香槟

发表时间:2017-11-29内容来源:VOA英语学习网

Helen: Hello Finn. This is a fantastic party.

海伦:你好,芬恩。这个派对太棒了。

Finn: Oh, hello Helen, thanks.

芬恩:你好,海伦,谢谢你。

Helen: You look worried. What's the matter? It's New Year's Eve, you should be enjoying yourself. What's wrong?

海伦:你看上去很焦虑。出什么事了?今天是新年前夜,你应该尽情享受。怎么了?

Finn: Nothing, nothing!

芬恩:没什么,没事。

Helen: Are you sure?

海伦:你确定吗?

Finn: I'm quite sure. Oh god, what'll I do?

芬恩:我非常确定。哦天哪,我要怎么办?

Helen: What?

海伦:什么?

Finn: It's all right, Helen, don't tell anyone, but-

芬恩:没事,海伦,别告诉别人,不过……

Helen: Yes?

海伦:怎么了?

Finn: There's no bubbly!

芬恩:没有香槟!

Helen: What?

海伦:什么?

Finn: I've forgotten the bubbly!

芬恩:我忘了准备香槟了!

Helen: Forgotten the bubbly?

海伦:忘了准备香槟?

(Big collective gasp)

(一片喘息声)

Finn: Oh no... Ha ha, you've misunderstood.

芬恩:哦不……哈哈,你误会了。

Helen: I don't think I have misunderstood. Bubbly means champagne. Champagne is called bubbly because it has lots of bubbles in it, lots of gas. You said you had forgotten the bubbly.

海伦:我认为我没有误会。Bubbly就是香槟嘛。香槟又被称作Bubbly,因为它含有很多气泡,有许多气体。你说你忘了买香槟。

Finn: No, no, no. Ha ha ha. I didn't say that. I said I'd forgotten the... the er... I said I'd forgotten you looked lovely, Helen.

芬恩:不,不是,不是这样的。哈哈哈。我没有说过。我说我忘了……我是说我忘了说你看起来很可爱,海伦。

Helen: Oh. Thank you. So there is champagne?

海伦:哦。谢谢你。所以是有香槟了?

Finn: Yes, yes, of course. Of course, of course, of course.

芬恩:对,对,当然。当然有,当然,当然有香槟了。

Helen: That's a relief. Champagne is the traditional drink for New Year's Eve in Britain. Everyone counts down to midnight, then they say 'cheers' and drink champagne. It really would be a disaster if Finn had forgotten it.

海伦:那我就放心了。香槟是英国在新年前夜的传统酒类。所有人会一起在午夜倒数,然后他们会说“干杯”并喝香槟酒。如果芬恩要是忘了准备香槟那真是场灾难。

Party voices: 10...9...8...

派对上的声音:10、9、8……

Helen: Oh, the countdown has started! Where's Finn? He must have gone to get the champagne.

海伦:哦,开始倒数了!芬恩去哪儿了?他一定是去拿香槟酒了。

(Countdown continues)

(倒数继续)

Helen: He'd better hurry up!

海伦:他最好快点!

Party voices: Happy New Year!

派对上的声音:新年快乐!

Party voice 1: Where is the bubbly?

派对上的声音1:香槟在哪儿?

Helen: Where is Finn!

海伦:芬恩在哪儿?

Party voice 2: Where IS the bubbly then?

派对上的声音2:香槟酒在哪儿呀?

Helen: Oh dear! I can't find Finn anywhere!

海伦:天哪!哪儿都找不到芬恩!

Party voice 3: Don't tell me there's no bubbly!

派对上的声音3:别跟我说没有香槟酒!

Party voice 4: Don't tell me there's no champagne!

派对上的声音4:可别告诉我没有香槟!

Helen: Finn? Where are you?

海伦:芬恩?你去哪儿了?

Finn: Oh dear. I must run for my life, they'll be so cross! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry, Helen! Happy New Year!

芬恩:天哪。为了活命我必须要逃走,他们一定非常生气!对不起,对不起,太对不起了!海伦,新年快乐!

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20171129/515282.html